Useful Tips from Graber® on Selecting Window Coverings
What window treatments are right for you, your family, and your home? Custom Blinds of KW can help! Here we’ve collected a list of questions from our supplier Graber® that you can ask yourself when considering new window treatments. If you need more help with selecting window coverings, our team is more than happy to guide you through the choices available in our inventory. Remember we have blinds, shades, artisan drapes, shutters, motorized blinds, and much more! Contact us to request a free in-home sample viewing and free estimate.
Questions to Ask Before Selecting Window Coverings
- How will the space be used? For working, relaxing, or entertaining? Formal or informal activities? This will help define the ideal design style for your window treatments.
- Will you be working with electronic screens in the room, including televisions, computer monitors, or other devices that are sensitive to glare?
- Are there children or pets in your home? If so, look for window coverings with safety features (such as motorized lift or cordless lift) in materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Is privacy a primary concern? This is a key consideration for bedrooms and bathrooms. Whatever your need, our products offer a complete range of privacy levels, from light filtering sheer drapes to total blackout shades.
- What is the window's exposure? If your windows have a southern or western exposure, the room could fluctuate greatly in temperature. Direct sunlight can also bleach textiles unevenly. We offer many fade resistant, energy-efficient products designed to address these concerns.
- How much light control do you need? For maximum shading at your fingertips, consider horizontal or vertical blinds. You can easily redirect the light or change the complexion of a room by rotating or tilting the slats or louvers.
- Do you want to maintain a view? Consider the bottom up/top down option, available on cellular, Roman, pleated, and natural shades. This allows you to lower the shade from the top to let in natural light while retaining the desired view.
- Do you open the windows frequently? Do you need easy access for cleaning? Before choosing a window treatment, always consider the function of the window as well as the design. If you are opening and closing the window often, you may wish to consider a lighter blind or shade.
- Are there unique architectural elements in the room? Consider window cranks, window air conditioners, baseboard heaters, light switches, wall sockets, crown moldings, beams, and chair rails, as you plan the size and scale of your window treatments.
One of the professionals at Custom Blinds of KW can help you address all these questions and more. Call for an appointment now.